How To: Setup Distributed Report Processing in LogAnalyzer SE
Setup Distributed Report Processing in bt-LogAnalyzer SE™
The Distributed Report Processing feature allows bt-LogAnalyzer users to process reports on multiple machines and aggregate the processing into one report. Following are some benefits:
- Multiple servers can run reports against their own logs. This distributes the workload to run reports lowering Network Bandwidth (log data is not transferred).
- Only the summary of the report is sent back by the Remote Server to the Virtual Report Server reducing Network Bandwidth.
- The Distributed Report Processing feature provides a transparent (“LAN-like”) communications over Local Area Networks and Virtual Private Networks.
Following are the steps to setup and initiate this functionality:
- Select Settings | Properties from the drop down menu
- Click the Distributed Reports tab
- Select New Distributed Server from the left navigation pane
- Enter the name for the LogAnalyzer SE™ distributed (remote) server(s)
- Click OK
- Select Reports in the left navigation pane
- Select the appropriate report from the list
- Click the Advanced tab
- Check the box for Run this report at remote servers
- Click OK