How To: Perform a SQL backup of bt-LogAnalyzers Databases
How to perform a bt-LogAnalyzer SE™ Database backup?
Note: These steps require Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. This can be downloaded for free from Microsoft here if you do not have the full version of SQL. If you use the Express version of SSMS you will not be able to automate the backup process however.
Warning: Please ensure that a 'Settings Export' is performed immediately before or after the database backups to ensure information is in sync if a restore is ever needed.
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Connect to the SQL server where bt-LogAnalyzer SE™ is installed
- Expand the 'Databases' container object
- Right click on the 'LAEE_Data' database and select 'Tasks -> Backup'
- Make the appropriate selections for your environment and click 'OK'
- Once the backup completes, perform the same steps above for the following 2 databases:
- If you are using the SSMS application that comes with SQL Server, you may want to use the Maintenance Plan Wizard to create Automatic Periodic Database Backups