How To: Import LogAnalyzer 6 Settings
If LogAnalyzer is installed on a server different from the server that the settings were exported from, some changes must be made to the exported settings .reg file. If you are importing settings onto the same server, skip to step 2.
- Edit the LogAnalyzer.reg file in the exported settings directory and modify the field ‘CurrentServer’ with your new server name. Also, if the installation has been moved from a 32-bit to a 64-bit system, you will need to replace all entries using ‘Program Files’ with ‘Program Files (x86)’.
- Save the newly-modified .reg file, then open the bt-LogAnalyzer 6 management console
- Right-click on the bt-LogAnalyzer server in the top portion of the left window pane
- Select ‘All Tasks -> Settings Import’ then click ‘Next’ at the bt-LogAnalyzer Settings Import Window
- If the ‘Export’ directory is different from the default, click ‘Change’ and identify the location where the previous export was done and click ‘Next’
- Verify your settings and select ‘Import’