How To: Configure reports to be automatically emailed to recipients
Q: How do I configure LogAnalyzer SE™ to automatically email reports to recipient(s)?
Configure your SMTP server in the LogAnalyzer SE™ settings:
- Click 'Settings' from the header menu of LogAnalyzer SE
- Navigate to the 'E-mail Options' tab
- Enter the Email address of the account to be used for sending email
- Enter the name of the SMTP server (IP address or DNS).This is the mail server that bt-LogAnalyzer SE™ will use to Email reports
- Enter the SMTP server port (Default is port 25)
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select the checkbox and complete the 'SMTP Server Authentication Parameters' section
- Click “OK” to set these options
Configure the desired report to email upon report generation in the 'Distribution' tab:
Navigate to the properties of the report you want to setup distribution for
Click on the 'Distribution' tab
Note: There are two options: (1) you can setup the reports to email them, or (2) you can save them to the local system, or a network drive (UNC Path).
For emailing, configure the email recipient(s) that will receive the reports. These recipients can be added by selecting 'New Recipient' in the left-hand menu, while on the 'Distribution' tab page
Click the 'Apply' button. Click the 'Ok' button