bt-WebFilter allows the administrator to control the access of unlicensed users. Under the Properties of the ‘Access Rules’ object is the ‘Web Access for users over license’ option.
- Allow: selecting this option will permit users/IPs over the registered license limit unfiltered access to the internet.
- Deny (Default): this option will DENY Users/IPs over the registered license limit access to the internet. No Redirect Page option is available. User will simply see a ‘Page cannot be displayed’ or similar browser specific message.
bt-WebFilter also offers three policy options and the capability to override these policies for individual groups or users.
The Administrator can set the following policy types:
- Permission Policy: with this selection, users have NO Internet Access unless Permissions have been specified.
- Restriction Policy: with this selection, ALL users have UNLIMITED Internet Access unless Restrictions have been specified.
- Combination Policy: with this selection, users have NO Internet Access unless Permissions or Restrictions have been specified.
Note: When you install bt-WebFilter, if user authentication is not enabled, the default policy for Internet access will be applied to all users.